Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Economics of English food

Traditional English food! umh, must say has a bad name. I wondered why it has a such reputation, this Krugman’s article says the clues. Supply and demand not meet because of transportation. This has happen for long period of time so people missed or lost developing discriminatory ability to what is good and bad. So they eat frozen peas and potatoes Yark! Talking about Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time, all my senses are suckers of past things. That is why my eating habits can not get away the traditional Korean dishes which beyond my ability to cook them. Especially I love Korean traditional cake. With my obsessive nature or temperament I development bizarre sets of menu myself only; no one eat so strange; i.e salad; cucumber slices, bit of carrot slices, spring onion bit of letters, adocado and bit of salt and black papers is my salad no dressing but sprinkled sesame seed oil, and eat with can of salmon, this is close as I can get my Korean dishes. Pancake( American style) for an example, I obsessed it until I completely tired of eating it. I think all western food goes with rich sources I can not digest it so I stop eating them. so I am not a really gourmet in westerners sense, mind you I know good wines! Our family owns a brewery! Economic, is all about people’s life – market, how fast goods transport to market place