Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why I like Snake!

When I was about 3 or 4, a summer, yes it was a blazing mid summer day sun. Our house has a partly fenced thorn trees ( I don’t know name of the tree in English, Citrus genus but fruits you can not eat only use for herbal medicine)tangled with wild roses, and surrounded by various fruits trees garden and white sandstones wall around for a huge narrow concrete yards for dry crops. And storages houses feeding to a brewing house, alongside gardens around. All summer we lay out few wooden benches for sitting under the fruit trees in the L sharp main house as well as many other spot for visitors. We can have morning breakfast blazing wide flowers pearly faces and dinners at night sky with stars. When turn off garden light, you can see the sky sitting stars embroidered cushion, embossed milky way stars, some time moon across milky way to see the sun at dawn. Weaving clouds. You know what I mean? Probably you don’t know anything at all because you never grow up with stars at night that is why! Well you are dumb then you don’t know what you don’t know! So many stars, these never changes all these starry nights, we are mere fragments you know if you know stars. You wonder where all the stars live! They live their house in the sky. They will be there for us long after we are gone! Eventually we go there too. Open space cool, we can sleep inside mosquito net with burning mosquito killer smokes. If lucky I can have some story telling going on while I sleep, half open eyes to see the sky. Good night to twinkle stars. Sun wake me up in the morning with bluest sky in your eyes. You can see red yellow pink white flowers just beside of you and saying “ good morning!” yam yam washing my face their beautiful scented hands, I bet you have no clues what I am talking about because you never wake up with flowers that is why!

Anyway long story make short, yes a summer under a blazing mid day sun, I was playing at wooden bench, saw a hug black snake was weaving white sand stone wall, like this picture below, a huge massive black snake, weaving white wall, under there is mess mess flowers; it was tope of flower bed! I was awe of it because of the sheer size. I went over there across hot flower bed and much closer to look, saw his color was not black but many different colors around his body. And I saw his dark eyes and his dark slithering tongue. He was looking at me , I was there with him and until he was gone. After he was gone I saw my grandmamma was standing behind me and saying “O it lives near the pond wonder why it comes to the house! It is a good omen!” she whispered herself!

Update:
I have been thinking that I actually mesmerized by the snake. I still don’t know why but I have always been thinking about the moment I saw the snake, shivering excitement was, enthralled by its presents, of course I have seen so many snakes afterward, but the blazing sun, shade, flowers and white wall, the sheer size of it, something that uniquely holds me deeply. I actually was thinking about the snake, the pond. Also legend of a huge snake is a guidance of waterfall near distant. I am not sure why I hold the momentary so blazing obvious momentum. But I have a clue, late I found something that linked me with the momentary enthralling exciting memory the very another way which I can not tell in public but it made me absolutely fascinating how human mind work!