Thursday, November 27, 2008

Greg Mankiw's Blog: An Open Letter to the New President

Greg Mankiw's Blog: An Open Letter to the New President


Can you believe this guy was alive and still is being alive and will be alive! He was is will be a splendor rare specie! I was deeply impressed by his description of attribution of a good economist must possess the follow:
...He must study the present in light of the past for proposes of the future, No part of man’s nature or his institutions must lie entirely outside his regard. He must be purposeful and disinterest in a simultaneous mood; as aloof and incorruptible as an artist, sometimes as near the earth as a politician...

Actually I was bit of soppy and touched by his wordings, thinking that economic is romantic. You know I have this thing about romance! According this commandment, I am too volatile bad tempered, dark and moody melancholia to be fit into this credential of a good economist but I know that it can be exciting subject to study, must be something in there for sure so I decide to dig. O man then this current event complete taken over! You can imagine if you don't know what is all about you are dead as fish out of water or ask Korean stop eating the stinking Kimchi (except me).