Monday, November 3, 2008

Greg Mankiw's Blog: Galbraith on Mainstream Economics

Greg Mankiw's Blog: Galbraith on Mainstream Economics
It’s an enormous blot on the reputation of the profession. There are thousands of economists. Most of them teach. And most of them teach a theoretical framework that has been shown to be fundamentally useless.

He than goes on if Obama wins this election, how his new government economy policy might looks like under mainstream economists and heterodoxies:
...who are essentially mainstream economists with slightly left of center political views, or with heterodox economists like Galbraith who are deeply skeptical of the economics found in most textbooks? If the administration is filled with prominent members of both groups, the internal battles over the heart and soul of the new adminstration's economic policy should prove fascinating to watch.
In Korean I believed protectionism, retribution, social equality which is very similar to Obama’s, far left, been through that, than Korean situation much difference then now. I was so young, didn’t know about economics, had no idea about how to make money as I always given pocket money or allowance, never mean to end up as a career woman anyway. Then lucky me, after lived worked another cultures, open my eyes more broad, see the horizon, then I become aware that things are not that black or white. One country politics, economic is not only for the country alone but relation of other countries as well. Than Korea, look-bad hated policies not for next few years but for the promise of next decades for the country prosperity. I have seen Korea has been growing from the distant. I have seen a great man’s foot prints, which once we thought he was people’s enemy, instead I am solemnly grateful the man what he did for his country courageously! I understand why he had to choose the road no one dare to, for his poor country future prosperity.

I am glad that I have a chance to learn how is free market work, international trade, raise falls civilizations, geographical significance of international relations. Especially America, as the biggest economy, how its little policy changes to influence whole world economy. As you can see through crisis! Also I am an investor, deep serious interest about what is happening world markets. American election, I am so excited and self-invited myself participate this election. Learning a huge deal how this world great democracy irascibly impishness but orderly, actually been thinking, American democracy is master piece! I am humbled by its process. Truly for the peoples! As you can see how an allowance earner-idealist changed into a serious investor along with her view of world. Here is the democracy with her glittering laurel.