Monday, August 4, 2008

Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn passed away at August 3, 2008.
My love affair with Russian literary started when I was eight or nine years old from my uncle room. First Tolstoy’s the Resurrection. I didn’t know what that all words and meanings begin with but I read bits and pieces and became aware new things, difference things. He had a huge collection of philosophy and literary especially Russian and German. Some of these books and prints pictures were forbidden than. I was not allowed to enter his room but no one knew what I was doing anyway. I dug out hidden images underneath bookshelves, unbelief I was horrified and fascinated. During school holidays I was eager to come back home from Seoul. The dark moody with mould scented room was waiting for me with long lost friendly warmth. Poems, I start wrote poems than… dark immensity I was dreaming the landscape and lead to music… you can feel the people suffering, darkness despair longing and the great beauty. Yes I learnt the Beauty from the giants.

No comments: