The most senior Syrian politician to defect to the opposition has told the BBC the regime will not hesitate to use chemical weapons if it is cornered.
Asked if he thought President Assad might use chemical weapons against the opposition, Mr Fares told BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner in an interview in Qatar that he would not rule it out, describing Mr Assad as "a wounded wolf and cornered".
"There is information, unconfirmed information of course, that chemical weapons have been used partially in the city of
he said. Homs
Mr Fares's claim that Sunni Muslim militants in al-Qaeda are collaborating with a regime dominated by those from the minority Allawite sect will surprise many.
Possible Delivery Systems
- Four SSM brigades: 1 with FROG, 1 with Scud Bs, 1 with Scud Cs, and 1 with SS-21s.
- "several thousand aerial bombs, filled mostly with sarin," and between 50 to 100 ballistic missile warheads.
- New long range North Korean Scud Cs, with ranges of up to 600 kilometers and possible nerve gas warheads.
- May be converting some long range surface-to-air and naval cruise missiles to use chemical warheads.
- SS-21 launchers and at least 36 SS-21 missiles with 80-100 kilometers range.
- Scud B launchers and Scud B missiles with 310 kilometers range.
- Short range M-1B missiles
- SS-N-3, and SSC-1b cruise missiles.
- Su-24 long range strike fighters.
- MiG-23BM Flogger F fighter ground attack aircraft.
- Su-20 fighter ground attack aircraft.
- Su-22 fighter ground attack aircraft.
- Multiple rocket launchers and tube artillery.
Now all these Honourable UNSC leaders put their difference aside, one single moment, you can ask yourself what you have to do! we the world watching attentively your wise decision, what is best for the Syrian people for their future, your decision gurantee their dream of freedom and bright future or you can destroy them all to take midst of destruction that is up to you!
#Syria #Homs:it was yesterday,in our Kafrnabl...brave little girl...joined the demo,demonstrated her definite V...on her dignified,beautiful,Syrian forehead...a word has been written:VICTORY.
Always just before UNSC meeting Assad criminal paid people to gathering supporting demonstration, so it gives Russia can argue still people support criminal. The difference between people are doing their own free will, fight sacrfices their life for their freedom, and criminal supporters are may be out of fear, being paid or surly how many of them are their own free will?